2015-16 Event Preparation and A/V Requirements
Pre-Event Technology Requirements:
Mark customizes his presentations for every client, so he requires a teleconference with the client team well in advance of the event for planning and content development purposes as well as to discuss A/V issues.
- Mark’s presentations are prepared in PowerPoint with embedded video clips and may be run on either Windows or Apple based systems.
- Mark will bring the presentation with him on a key drive as well as on his own laptop as a backup.
- We will need to know whether the presentation slides should be in 16:9 or 4:3 format.
- We require the client company to provide our staff with their A/V contact information so that we can be in direct contact with them to answer any specific questions or issues ahead of the presentation day.
On-Site Technology Requirements:
An A/V check is required either the night before or the morning of the speaking event to test sound levels and video quality and to ensure that all technical issues are resolved prior to the presentation. In addition:
- We require that a technician remain in the room during Mark’s program.
- Please have a mini-stereo hookup and video feed so he can plug in his Apple computer. Mark will bring his own VGA adapter.
- Provide a wireless lavaliere or headset AND a wireless microphone for audience interactions.
- Mark’s presentation requires a screen to project video and speakers for audio.
- Mark does not use a podium, but it’s okay if you have one. A convenience monitor and countdown timer are also appreciated if available.
- Mark’s laptop can be on the stage or anywhere in the room, since he brings his own wireless remote.
Pre-Event Research, Social Media, and Post-Event Presentation Copies:
Mark will work directly with your team ahead of the program to customize his keynote and/or workshop sessions so they are on target with the objectives of your meeting and your audience through:
- Research calls and/or video interviews with a select group of executives, managers, employees, customers and/or members of your organization who will be attending the meeting.
- Conducting Surveys of participants in your event addressing key issues facing your field or industry.
Mark will use insights from these interviews and surveys where appropriate during the presentation.
Before, during and after your event, we will be happy to participate in any social media promotion for the event that you have planned. We can send out posts via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, etc. (If social media is specifically NOT preferred for the event, we will not post.)
After your event, we are happy to provide a copy of the presentation slides as a PDF file that you may distribute to all of the attendees of your event.
Video Recording of the Presentations:
Our policy is to allow video recording of Mark’s presentations at client events, and we simply require the following:
- A copy of the digital video is provided to the speaker.
- Your copies are used internally and not provided to the public.
- Copyright is retained by the speaker.
If a professional video production team is on hand to record the session we would like to speak with them ahead of time to ask for the following setup if possible:
- A high quality digital video camera (preferably HD) is operated by someone who can follow the speaker’s movements on stage.
- The lavaliere microphone can be fed into the camera to assure high quality audio.
- A second camera is available and pointed at the audience (the second camera does not need to be connected to the audio).
- The ISO camera footage from each camera is provided to Mark after the event for his archives.
Joann Burns, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Research and New Media 20th Television and MyNetworkTV (0:24)
Wendy Lisogar-Cocchia - Chair, Vancouver Board of Trade; CEO, Century Plaza Hotel and Absolute Spa Group (0:38)
- Sales / Marketing
- Professional Services
- Financial Services
- Entrepreneurs / Investors
- Executive Leadership Dev
- Training / Human Resources
- Chambers of Commerce
- Consumer Retail
- Industrial Products
- Health Care / Medical
- Real Estate
- Food Service